Gavin is the Principal of the Firm and was called to the bar in 1999. Gavin cross qualified from a Barrister to a Solicitor in 2001 later gaining his Higher Rights of Audience.
At the commencement of his career, Gavin specialised in Criminal Defence. He has dealt with a number of high profile criminal cases including those dealing with the subjects of Murder, Serious Sexual Offences, Kidnap and Drug Offences.
Gavin went on to broaden his practice and developed a successful Personal Injury & Civil Litigation department recovering millions in damages for those that have been a victim of Personal Injury. The department has seen rapid growth and has expanded to encompass a nationwide client base. Gavin carries out a broad spectrum of work which includes advising on high value commercial and Personal injury cases and complex procedural issues.
He has experience of contentious and non-contentious private client work.
Gavin has represented clients at all levels of the Court system - from the lower courts to the senior and appellate courts, often working alongside Queen’s Counsel.
Cases Of Note:
- Gavin Edmondson Solicitors Ltd v Haven Insurance Company Limited
- High Court, Court of Appeal and subsequently Supreme Court litigation regarding insurance companies directly intercepting solicitor’s clients. Issues involve equitable jurisdictions of the court, data protection, inducement to breach of contract and economic torts.
- O’Donnell v Greater Manchester Police (2014)
- Civil Jury trial brought against the GMP for malicious prosecution and assault, jury returning findings that the Police assaulted the claimant.
- Appellate Court case with Gavin Edmondson as lead advocate instating a Solicitor to the role after the SRA had acted with procedural impropriety and irrationality.
- R v Mohsin (2011)
- Seven handed contract killing case led by Queen’s Counsel.